Page Edited: May 28th, 2019 | Please check back later for further details or follow the event on facebook.
Annual General Meeting 2019
We would like to invite you to attend our Annual General Meeting of Alberta Hands & Voices Society. The Board of Directors will be speaking on the future of our organization.
Date: June 23, 2019
Time: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Venue: BMO Community Room, Calgary Central Library. 800 3 St SE, Calgary, AB, T2G 0E7
ASL Interpreters will be present at this event. Refreshments will be available. Children of all ages are welcome to attend, however babysitting services will not be made available. Parents are encouraged to check out the library resources prior to the meeting.
Please RSVP via our facebook event or by emailing info @ albertahandsandvoices.com
1. Call To Order, Welcome & Communication Rules
2. President’s Report – Julie Clements-Flatt
3. Acting President’s Report – Colleen Ruhl
4. Treasurer’s Report – Ern R.
5. Proposed Bylaws – Becky Donelon
7. Workshop “Summer Brain Gains: Raising awareness about the importance of summer learning” presented by Lorna M. Wick
Research focused on the developing brain indicates the vital role executive functions, and in particular working memory, plays in developmental language, literacy and mathematical concepts.
This workshop will focus on how families can support their deaf and hard of hearing child to develop strengths in working memory through experiences and games. You will leave with ideas to support a summer of learning.